Thursday, June 30, 2005

My Summer Project

My summer project

I was one among the 60 students selected across India by HCL Technologies for the BCT summer program. Reached Noida , flying first time by air. Experienced the joy of flying courtesy company would reimburse the money. Had nice cool flight. Landed in delhi for the first time in my life. Settled in a place with 4 friends form college. The place was just concrete jungle with a good cook to save us form the ordeal of searching for food. Had very comfortable stay for two months.

Company - first day, came in complete formals with tie, was thinking others would be in blazers, oooooops first learning follow the culture, company was cool tie was something the big boss deserves not all. Next day onwards normal casual wear. Our canteen the place we dreaded to go for two months. Work started in the first week with 5 minutes intro to my guide. Then for first one month it went on snails pace. Once I was done with my trips to all possible places with my limited resources n time, I turned attention to project.
Work began by asking people for time n then make them give me process description how things worked n what was my role in the project. Had nice time interacting with people some very cordial few “ how long will it take “ other straight “ no time “. Later I realized people whom I was patient in the beginning paid rich dividends later on these were the ones who helped me the most gave me the though process. After dilly dallying I came out with my own analysis.


D day , presentation happened for 55 minutes, which was to be 30 min affair. Had good time convincing the panel of the worthiness of the work I have done n making sure I don’t leave unanswered any queires. Summers at Noida taught me one more phase in life as a good chapter on people skills n behavior. I picked up some pool and TT daily at our recreation room, used the office resources comp, net, tea, coffee lavishly as if there was no tomorrow. Over all good time for two months.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rishaan Yellapragada said...

ha haa..tie....
kool ra...
nice...expereice..
summers certainly is..
my guide is prroving to be a distaer sometimes with saidstic pleasures of giving exactly want u donot want...
hmm...amother way to learn to deal to people...never tell him what u want...so that he doesnt manage to spoil ur day...
ha ha ha...
RBI a good place to work..but so-so for many things...
take care..mama...
life keeps going on...and Iam sure...our journey for search of excellence keeps going us and rive us ahead...more further..and farther..
tata

July 04, 2005 2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home