Friday, June 10, 2005

My Teachers



I watched BLACK movie with rapt attention not once but twice within short period. This movie refreshed memories of all my teachers who are responsible to make me into a spoilt brat as I am now. Ahah. Jokes apart I had people who were extra ordinary teachers though they had their own flaws at personal level.

The first memories of teacher for me is my LKG teacher Ms. Uma . She was the one who actually made me so called urban kid, I was fresh to city life after 4 years of country life. I had long hair at that time, the other teachers in school used to tie a pony tail everyday when I went back home. I didn’t understand why they were doing this I hardly could speak forget English. She was the one who taught me with care after two months I had transformed. Then I never looked back. Thank You teacher.

My UKG teacher Ms. Varalakshmi. I used to be very frightened before her. Everyday during afternoon we used to have a telugu writing (dictation) each day after games period, I used to be the last one to enter class each day. I was afraid of her cane favours on me, I used to pray daily “ isko uttah le re baba uttah le”. She never gave up nor did I learn telugu. I ended up scoring only 75 in my Class X . Sorry teacher

My Class II teacher Ms. Gracesamma. She was one disciplinarian even today when I see her, a shiver runs down don’t know why. Those were the darkest days of my life, not a single day passed without me getting beatings from her. Reason being I had problems with health n I hardly went to school. In between the only time I failed ever got a F grade. She kind of understood what I am going thru n told me just enjoy life do what interest you , strangely I passed class II , everyone was convinced I will repeat my class II, thanks to my teacher she realized what is best for me. Thank You teacher.

Class III techer Ms. Bhagyamma. The first time I went into her class unlike others, she didn’t even ask me what my grades were last year, I was so happy. Things started falling in place. First time in my life I got an A in exams, my mom was literally shocked. Then on I never looked back in studies till date. Thank You teacher

In high school my telugu teachers both were pandits n Phd in telugu.Ms Jayamma and Ms Sharada Devi I never scored more than 60% in their papers but somehow they had confidence that I had it in me. On one occasion for school day I was chosen to play lead role in a telugu drama, our principal sensible turned down the play saying the actors were nuts. They took up the challenge n trained us for the play. We actually won the best play award that year from the judges. This one incident brought lot of self confidence in me. Thank you teachers.

I was a bulky bump in school. Weighing 59 at age of 12. I turned to sports to reduce weights, I tired hands at athletics, basketball, volleyball, throwball, cricket nothing help then moved to football. My PT sir was Mr. Venugopal. This guy new what was correct for me , for the first two years he trained me mostly on fitness when I actually had reduced my weight he pushed me head on into the game, he gave me my thought process, never wait for the ball, always keep looking for it, go ahead n grab it. This attitude which he instilled in me has been with me in all walks of life. Thank you teacher.

My favourite teacher till date has been my social teacher in school for 4 years Ms Emily Rose. She was the one who actually brought about interest in the subject in the first place. Then I understood if you love one subject how beautiful it would turn up to be. This drove me to read all the general books, magazine which later helped me in entrances as well as debates. I never even thought of getting second mark in her paper forget sharing the same slot with others. Its because of her I got 97 in social science in CBSE board exam. She deserves 100% credit. Very calm lady , never interested in things which r not concerned to her, I picked up this attitude of hers it works wonder even today. Thank you teacher

In intermediate college, engineering college and now in MBA I came across wonderful teachers who were extraordinary in subjects they taught but no one comes close to what I felt when I was with people I mentioned above.

Still two teachers who will remain with my - amma and nanna who never give up telling me whats right n whats wrong , who’s thought comes to me whenever I do something. For them a thanks wont do.
Signing off with one quote.

“I have been suffocating in this dark world… I met you teacher….. I saw light.. light.. light…”

2 Comments:

Blogger Rishaan Yellapragada said...

Awsome Awsome post ra mama..
really gud one...just explains the way u r now...to wat u learnt in ur childhood..
iam sure u r gonna land up in amazing places very soon..
oops read something 59kgs at 12...nice effort...i must say..shud get to kearn some diet tips from the PT sir..again..
take care
tata
LUV
SIVARAM

June 11, 2005 3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An awesome post ra mama... Too goooooooooddddddddddddd to read the post and have no words to explain what I felt after having a look at it... Well this topic deserves the best blog written by you ra.. Thanks for recalling the best teachers who laid the path way for our life ra.. The best one for me was Emily Rose (and Neerajabala, one who thought us Science)... who never interrupted in other activities and she took utmost care of me when I was in deep depression..

Luv,
Great post to read,
Ranjith.

December 22, 2006 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home